Next Council Meeting:

Mayor's Messages

8/1/2019 - Taxpayers will see a REDUCTION in property taxes of $155, on average.

This year, taxpayers will see a REDUCTION in property taxes!  The average homeowner will see an overall reduction of $155.  This takes into account all the components of the tax bill – the municipal, county, local and regional schools, along with the public library and open space funds.

On the Borough’s side, our municipal budget continues to be in line with the legal requirements of maintaining a 2% cap on expenditures.  The Council and I continue to work hard to secure grant funds to keep the burden off our taxpayers.  In 2018, we received over $1,000,000 in various grant awards ranging from streetscape funding to law enforcement equipment, to open space projects, to road paving and sewer improvements, amongst many others.  This has allowed us to undertake these initiatives with no impact to our budget.

The Mayor and Council are only responsible for 27% of the total taxes collected, while the budgets for the schools and the county make up the remaining 73% of your tax bill.On another positive note, the Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders once again awarded the Borough a County Open Space grant in the amount of $250,000 to help with the artificial turf field improvements to Frank Zaccaria Memorial Park Field.  To date, the Freeholders have funded $800,000 for this project.

Since 2004, the Borough has been awarded approximately $3.5 million in open space grants from the Freeholders.  These dollars have allowed us to complete park, recreation and open space projects in town without using the general operating budget and has allowed us to stabilize municipal taxes.

The Division of Taxation filing deadline for the 2018 Property Tax Reimbursement (PTR) application form is October 31, 2019.  If you have not submitted your form to the State, please do so by October 31, 2019.

The Borough of Woodland Park received $250,000 as a grant in 2018 from the Passaic County Open Space Trust Fund for the Frank D. Zaccaria Memorial Park Field Phase IV, and received $75,000 as a grant in 2018 from the Passaic County Community Development Block Grant for ADA doors at the Alfred H. Baumann Library.