Paul Salomone, Jr., Fire Chief
Council Pres. Spinelli, Chair., Public Safety Committee
The West Paterson Volunteer Fire Department, serving the Borough of Woodland Park, consists of three volunteer fire companies:
In addition to the Chief, the Department has six Assistant Fire Chiefs. Officers serving at each Company also include a Captain, a First Lieutenant and a Second Lieutenant. The Fire Department has approximately 75 member volunteers.
- Fire Co. 1 is located in the older section of the borough bordering Paterson.
- Fire Co. 2 is situated near the downtown district, in the low lying area of town.
- Fire Co. 3 is aptly named “The Ridge Runners” as it is stationed on the Garret Mountain section of the borough.
Membership in the Fire Department
is dependent on the following:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be between the ages of 18 and 50 years old;
- be in good health with certification by a licensed physician in the State of New Jersey;
- be a resident or maintain a residence within two miles of the Borough for at least six months prior to application; however, membership in another affiliated volunteer company will be considered applicable under circumstances detailed by ordinance;
- be approved by filing a written application of the State Fireman’s Association that was approved by the Chief before application;
- upon election by a Fire Company, be approved by a majority of the Borough Council within 60 days after receipt of the name from the Company.
W.P. Hose Co. 1
Passaic Valley Hose Co. 2
Rifle Camp Fire Co. 3
Election of Officers:
Annual elections for Fire Department officers are held each December. The Chief and Assistant Chiefs are elected by the Department and each serve 3-year terms.
Captains, First Lieutenants and Second Lieutenants are elected by their respective companies.
The results of the elections must be certified by the Borough Council.
Apparatus in Service:
- Engine 1: 2001 Pierce Pumper, assigned to Co. 1
- Engine 2: 2001 Pierce Pumper, assigned to Co. 2
- Engine 3: 2001 Pierce Pumper, assigned to Co. 3
- Engine 4: 2010 Pierce Pumper, assigned to Co. 3
- Truck 2: 2001 Pierce Tower Ladder, assigned to Co. 2
- Rescue 1: 1997 Simon Duplex Rescue Truck /
- Portable Cascade, assigned to Co. 1
Emergency Calls: 9-1-1
Fire Company One
15 West 35th St.
Hose Company Two
1070 McBride Ave.
Rifle Camp Fire
357 Rifle Camp Rd.
P.O. Box 641
5 Brophy Lane
Call, 973-345-8100 x240
Info, Fire Prevention
Paul Salomone, Jr.
Assistant Fire Chiefs
IN ORDER OF SENIORITY