The Tax Collector’s office is a Division of the Finance Department.
As a statutory officer of the State of NJ, the Tax Collector is obligated to follow all of the State Statutes regarding property tax collection and water collection including billing, due dates, interest on delinquent tax and water payments and tax sale procedures.
The Tax Collector is responsible for the billing, collection, reporting and enforcement of municipal taxes for the Borough of Woodland Park as well as the collection of the county, district schools, regional high school and library tax for the borough. The Tax Collector also bills and collects for the Borough of Woodland Park Water Company.
Property taxes are due on February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. There is a 10-day grace period. If the 10th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the grace period is extended to the next business day.
Conditions related to payments in the tax office are:
• Postmarks are not accepted. All payments will be applied on the day they are received in the tax office.
• Methods of payments accepted are:
– Check or money order in the tax office or by mail
– E-check, debit card or credit card can be utilized online at www.wpnj.us by clicking on the Tax & Water Pay Online icon and following the prompts
You may be eligible for a $250.00 yearly tax deduction off of your property tax bill.
The State of New Jersey offers two types of deductions at the local level:
• The first for seniors 65 and older or disabled persons 55 and older collecting a disability check from the State of New Jersey.
• The second is veteran/ or widow of a veteran. Certain conditions must be met for this program. Please visit or call your tax collector for more information.
State Programs related to Property Taxes
« Homestead Benefit Program »
Homeowners: The filing deadline for the 2018 Homestead Benefit Application is Tuesday, November 30, 2021. Benefit packets will be mailed to Passaic County residents beginning September 24, 2021, to those who qualify. Please do not call about your packet until two weeks after the expected mailing date of September 24, 2021.
To follow up on your benefits, go the State of New Jersey website at www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml.
To ask questions, call 888 - 238 - 1233.
« Property Tax Reimbursement (PTR) (Senior Freeze) »
The deadline for filing the applications is November 1, 2021.
Contact number for this program is: 1-800-882-6597
Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hearing-Impaired Users:
1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
Taxation email address for Senior Freeze and general tax questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
« Procedures for submitting form PTR-1A or PTR-2A »
• Fill out Part 1 Completely
• Mail form or drop form in the Tax & Water Drop Box, located in the Police Department foyer at 5 Brophy Lane, Woodland Park
• Include a self-addressed stamped envelope
• The Certified form will be mailed back to you
For all questions, please call the Tax Office @ 973-345-8100 ext 101
« 2020 Eligibility Requirements for the Property Tax Reimbursement Program »
1. You were age 65 or older as of December 31, 2019, or, if under age 65, you were actually receiving Federal Social Security disability benefit payments on or before December 31, 2019, and also on December 31, 2020; and
2. You have lived in New Jersey continuously since December 31, 2009, or earlier, as either a homeowner or a renter; and
3. You have owned and lived in your home (or have leased a site in a mobile home park for a manufactured or mobile home that you owned) since December 31, 2016, or earlier; and
4. You paid the full amount of the 2019 property taxes due by June 1, 2020, and you paid all 2020 property taxes by June 1, 2021; and
5. Your total annual income was less than $91,505* in 2019 and less than $92,969 in 2020. Note: With some exceptions, all income received during the year must be taken into account to determine eligibility (including Social Security, pension income, etc.).
(* Eligibility rules, including income limits, and benefits available under this program, may be changed by the State Budget that will take effect by July 1, 2021.)
For more information about the 2020 Eligibility Requirements, go to www.njtaxation.org and select "Property Tax Relief" and then "Senior Freeze Program" . . . or . . .
Call the Senior Freeze hotline: 1-800-882-6597
5 Brophy Lane
2nd Floor, Room 204
Phone: 973-345-8100 ext. 101
Tax Collector: Bernadette Lawler, CTC
Clerk: Giovanna Salvemini
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday:
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Passaic County Property Fraud Warning System
Property Tax Relief
Click here for information: